spam bot stopper script

dcole.ath.cx

besides blocking posts containing piced words, how can I make a script that requires you to put in the number and or letters in an image. I don't want to make some image generator script that is a resource hog.can php get infomation about the image besides it's filename? like subject or something? then I could have a folder of images and just have a script rename the images...

There are several already if you don't want to make your own:http://www.google.com/search?hs=plx&hl...amp;btnG=SearchYou can use getfilesize to get information about an image, including the size, type, and file attributes. If you want additional meta-information about a file, you will need to store it yourself in a database or XML file, or another file associated with the image file.

You could also use a spam-proof, randomly generated question to keep that from happening too. For example:function stfuSpammers()

{$numbers = array('zero', 'one', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five', 'six', 'seven', 'eight', 'nine');//select two random numbers & note their array index//add the two array indices into $answerprint "<div>What is $number1 plus $number2? ";print 'Enter the answer here:<form action="' .$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '">	   <input type="text" name="answer" />	   <input type="hidden" value="' . $answer . '">	   <input type="submit" name="realanswer" value="Answer The Question, Sucka!"/></form></div>';}

Then on the next page you just check to see if their answer matches the hidden value, that should stop any spammers unless they want to code a spam-bot specifically for your site, lol.