Reputation system

Jack McKalling

I have seen some Invision Power Boards with reputation systems, and I like it.Couldn't we have one too, to let posters add a special thank to their helpers in the form of a reputation point with comment? It would be nice, its not necessary. But with it we can view the best coders, nicest coders, or best helpers or whatever you name it. Besides, with these special thanks, the helpers on our forum can recieve a bit of extra energy to help even more :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, should, but maybe only by administrator, possibly also moderator :)But I don't have such system, the admin should get one, I don't know sht, lol :)The system I saw was fully customisable thats for sure.

I think it was a special mod, but specially for IPB at least.I'll have a look again, you can too, here:http://www.dhost.info/forumsI am actually not sure if it is free, but Dhost itself is a free commercial service definately. They host for free, so maybe this mod was too? I'll ask. :)

:) I would undoubtedly have a low reputation -- for posting pointless posts. I like the idea; though, for people who are actually helpful.I guess it would help the mods by helping them know who to keep an eye on... maybe not, I don't know.
I like that idea but i hope people dont get to competitive trying to help out.
Well, we've already got the post count system or whatever it's called that encourages spamming. I don't think a reputation system would increase competitivity (I think I just made up a word) between people, and therefore spamming. I might be wrong, though.

@joecoolaug: side note, the post count is standard at the board :)Just a wild guess, are you from Holland too? I've seen some dutch words somewhere, and the same typos I make :)(like "of" instead of "or")
Yes, yes I am :) . I make typos all the time...Oh, I didn't know it was standard. But they aren't required to use it, are they?

I don't think this increase in spam attractation is significant. There will always be the chance that there will be spammers, even this forum itself causes that. So why not throw a little system in it to increase the thanks coders get :)

One could always thank someone in the signature though..? I never liked the idea of ranks on the forum, which it sort of would create, however discreetly...

It's not used as spamming in other forums since people have to give it to you if they want to... it will reduce spam if there is a subtracting one!Also about what Jonas said, if you have a bar where it shows a general number... not like "Karma is 43" then the system wouldn't be so ranked. Like how other forums have post rank (newbie, average, adavnced, kink poster, crazy poster, nerd..) where it just show what general group you fit into.