Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About BlueDigit

  • Rank
  • Birthday 11/06/1994

Previous Fields

  • Languages
    XHTML, HTML 5 (partial), CSS 3 (partial), ECMAscript, jQuery, XML languages (partial)

Profile Information

  • Location
    u a creeper
  1. I asked about this problem, oh, two years ago, and never got any help on it. Basically gave up on the project. Now, though it's reared its ugly head again. Let's see if I get a response this time. So, have some example XML: <base> <parent> <child>blah blah blah</child> <abcd>efghijkl</abcd></parent> <parent> <child>oh my</child> <abcd>mnopqrstuv</abcd></parent> </base> Now, what I want to do, is use XSL to create, say, this— <div class="parent"> <p class="child" id="efghijkl"> blah blah
  2. Hey, that made it workwait, why did that make it work? If I'm reading the script right, it's basically making an in-script variable called event, which contains a JavaScript reference to event, so that in-script references to event are referencing the JavaScript event, which is basically what it should have been doing in the first place.Tangent aside, I'm grateful for the help. It works in all the browsers I mentioned.
  3. Hello hello? Anybody willing to try and help?
  4. text-align won't do anything right now, since <a> fits itself to its content, leaving no space to center anything.word-spacing impacts the size of each space between words, and all the links in main-nav are only one word, so you won't see the effect. Were you thinking of letter-spacing?Edit: Hurr.
  5. I've gotten this tooltip to work just like I want it to—in Opera 10.53 and Internet Explorer 6, with the latter probably being more of a bad sign than a good one. Unfortunately, it bugs out in Firefox 3.0 and 3.6, K-Melon 1.5.3, and Flock 3.0, and I've got no idea why. If I remove the scroll-detection model block, then ‹asdf› appears, but only in its normal position, not where the cursor is. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html lang="en" dir="ltr" xml:lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><he
  6. 'K, then.XML:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Web pages\test.xsl"?><base xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><listUnit> <displayTitle>Test 1</displayTitle> <cssTitle>games</cssTitle> <ecmaTitle>games</ecmaTitle> <indexNumber>0</indexNumber> <content> <listGroup sorter="0"> <linkUnit> <linkText>Test Link 1</linkText> <linkTo>http://www.neopets.com/</linkTo> <sorter>0<
  7. Let's say you want to generate a set of divs like this— <div class="specialDiv" id="uniqueId1" onclick="clickFunction('uniqueId1', 'uniqueId2');" onmouseover="mouseFunction('uniqueId1', 'uniqueId2');" onmouseout="mouseFunction('uniqueId2', 'uniqueId1');">text</div><div class="specialDiv" id="uniqueId2" onclick="clickFunction('uniqueId2', 'uniqueId1');" onmouseover="mouseFunction('uniqueId2', 'uniqueId1');" onmouseout="mouseFunction('uniqueId1', 'uniqueId2');">text</div> —from an XML document that uses the same tags for both divs. I'm aware that this is possible to do
  8. Wow, thank you. =) I'll test your suggestions in a minute.Edit: and it works now! Again, thank you.
  9. I recently started working on making my own tool-tip script. It's gone well so far, but there are a few things that I need assistance with: <script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript"><!--//Attempting to create a tool tip... I wonder how this will go?//Thanks to astupidname @ W3Schools forum for the help on getting this thing to work.var toolTip = function(displayType, innerText) { var ttText = ["...", "It worked!", "EMPTY", "EMPTY", "EMPTY"]; document.getElementById('toolTipContain').style.display = displayType; if (innerText) { document.getElementById('toolTipText').inne
  10. You may also have Firefox "stuck" in Task Manager. Open it, go into "Processes," find Firefox, and end it.
  11. Unless I should just stop posting…One way I know of is to add this… body{text-align: center;} and then for anything that you don't want centered, add this: #name1, #name2, #name3{text-align: left;} Though, if you plan on having a lot of content where you'd have to repeat this process, it'd propably just easier to put #two within it's own holder <div>, like this:CSS: #two_holder{text-align: center;}#two{text-align: left;} HTML: <div id="two_holder"><div id="two"></div></div>
  12. Hmmm... Try this: body{margin: 0px;padding: 0px;} I think remember reading somewhere that Firefox just disregards the 0 entirely if it isn't specified what the 0 is. (I.E. 0px, 0cm, etc.)
  13. Hello, W3Schools Forum. I am BlueDigit.I started programming two years ago, but since then, my skills have become less than useful. [>_>;]So, I'm re-learning everything, starting with JavaScript. It's going well, so far.So, ermm… Hi.
  • Create New...