Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Aside'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • W3Schools
    • General
    • Suggestions
    • Critiques
  • HTML Forums
    • CSS
  • Browser Scripting
    • JavaScript
    • VBScript
  • Server Scripting
    • Web Servers
    • Version Control
    • SQL
    • ASP
    • PHP
    • .NET
    • ColdFusion
    • Java/JSP/J2EE
    • CGI
  • XML Forums
    • XML
    • Schema
    • Web Services
  • Multimedia
    • Multimedia
    • FLASH


  • Community Calendar

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL








Found 7 results

  1. Hey there, I am having a bit of an argument with myself on how best to organize a general page, in this specific instance for a blog. Reading online you get many different perspectives on how to organize the page, however generally you get something like this: <header> <nav> </nav> </header> <main> <article> <h2>Heading</h2> <p>Date: YY/MM/DD</p> <p>Author: Name</p> <p>Article Content</p> </article> </main> <aside> </aside> <footer> </footer> The article block would typically repeat for how many number of articles are on the page. Looking further online, reading the spec and understanding a big more how article, sections, and the like work I have come across other layouts like such: <header> <nav> </nav> </header> <main> <section> <article> <header> <h2>Heading</h2> <p>Date: YY/MM/DD</p> <p>Author: Name</p> </header> <p>Article Content</p> <footer> <p>Copyright Info</p> </footer> </article> </section> </main> <aside> </aside> <footer> </footer> This can even get further complicated with the introduction of comments, article navigation, etc. I am curious to hear from you all what is your preferred way to handle this sort of organization? Cant wait to hear back! Thanks!
  2. I designed many Web Page Layouts, but in all Web Pages there are some issues. One is the "Aside", Web Pages are misbehaving with Aside, when I check the Web Pages with Mobile Browser, they mess up totally!! Need help here. Second, My Web Pages are not totally Mobile friendly, such as the "Header" and "Footer" also misbehaves. When the Web Pages are open with Mobile Browser, the Header and Footer both don't come up with full width, but the web pages are PC friendly!! I attached the code files, have a look. Basically I need to know "How to Aside" properly, and as well as I want a review for my code. Layout _4 and Layout_4-Copy.html are same, but with one difference :- I removed "Aside" from Layout_4-Copy.html. Plz refer Layout_4-Copy.html for Second Problem, specifically. Thank you. layout_3-3.html layout_4.html layout_4 - Copy.html
  3. Dear all: Below code is for the header part of a responsive page. The header, 275px high, is divided into a video on the left and an aside section on the right. The video takes 60% width, the remaining 40% is occupied by the aside section. The aside comprises from top to bottom: flags area with 15% height, bottom link with 25% height, and an h1 in between, set to auto height to take the remaining height. I set the h1 area to begin at 15% height (height of the flags section) and 28% from the bottom (height of the bottom link plus 3% padding). When I checked the height of h1 using a dashed box, I have noticed that it does not begin from 28px as it should. Would you pls. help me with: [*]making h1 auto area starts from where it should;[*]checking all the CSS styles and fix wherever necessary to accomplish a more sound and professional code that would serve in a responsive page. <!DOCTYPE html><html><head><style>@charset "UTF-8";/******************** Layout (global rules for all sizes) ******************************/body {margin: 0; padding: 0;}.home_page_header header a.bottom_link {display: block; position: absolute; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no repeat;}body {color: #575c7a; line-height: 1.5em; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; /* base font*/background: grey repeat-x 0px 0px;}.page {max-width: 980px; margin: 0px auto 0px auto; position: relative; background-color: #fff;}/************************ Layout Large Screen (default for older browsers) ****************//*************************Start Main Header ***********************/.home_page_header {height: 275px; margin: 0px auto;}.home_page_header header {height: 100%; background-size: 980px 275px; background-color: white;}/**********************************Video *************************************************/.mnvid {float: left; width: 60%; height: 100%; margin: 0px; vertical-align: middle;}/********************************Aside Formating***************************/.home_page_header aside {width: 40%; height: 100%; background-color: white; float: left; position:relative;}/******************Aside Language***********************************/.home_page_header aside .lang {display: block; position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; top: 0; height: 15%; padding: 0px;}/**********************************Aside h1*****************************************/.home_page_header aside h1 {display: block; position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; top: 15%; bottom: 28%; height: auto; padding: 5% 0 0 0; line-height: 150%; text-align: center; font-size: 2em; font-style: italic;color: #000; border: 1px dashed orange;}/********************Aside Bottom Link**********************************************/.home_page_header aside .bottom_link { position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0; height: 25%;padding: 3%; font-size: 2em; font-weight: bold; background-color: grey;border-radius: 10px; /*to make rounded corner*/-moz-border-radius: 10px; /*to make rounded corner visible in Mozilla*/-webkit-border-radius: 10px;}/*to make rounded corner visible in browsers supporting webkit*/ .home_page_header aside .bottom_link p {position: absolute; /*to vertically and horizontally center the text*/ top: 50%; /*to vertically and horizontally center the text*/left: 50%; /*to vertically and horizontally center the text*/ margin-right: -50%; /*to vertically and horizontally center the text*/transform: translate(-50%, -50%); /*to vertically and horizontally center the text*/}.home_page_header aside .bottom_link p a {text-decoration: none; text-align: center;color: #FFF;padding: 20px; /*allows activating the link even when the cursor is far from the text. Not affecting total height of aside, so not counted. */}.home_page_header aside .bottom_link p a:hover {color: #FFB280;}</style></head><body><!--Start of main page container--><div class = "page"> <!--Start of main header--><div class = "home_page_header"> <header> <iframe class="mnvid" src="[url=https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Wc8tidOjhUY?rel=0]https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Wc8tidOjhUY?rel=0[/url]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><aside><div class="lang">flags here</div><h1>Our Unique Product <span><!--<p><br>-->Tastes Differently</span></h1><div class="bottom_link"><p><a href="#">Free Trial</a></p></div></aside></header></div></div></body></html>
  4. Dear all: I have a header with 60% width occupied by a video, to the right of which is an aside section taking the remaining 40%. The aside section has three items fixed horizontally on top of each other. So the header has four elements in total. To account for possible overlaps between the four elements, I declared a z-index of -1 to the top right element, with the rest elements getting z-index 1 to 3. Then the element with z-index -1 disappeared. I then gave it z-index 1 and gave the others 2-4. Why has z-index -1 caused the element to disappear?
  5. The <code> has gone wierd on me , so I'll just reply to this Post.
  6. Hello & Thanks , html5/css? From a search engine's perspective , are '<aside> #aside .aside ' equal , ie., treated as the same structure ? Thanks...Vern
  7. I am building a web page that's part of a contacts system. The page enables the user to search for a contact and after finding a contact they can view and edit that contacts details in the web page. The page consists of a number of tables that I want to control using HTML 5 and CSS 3. In full screen mode (e.g. on a desktop machine) there are up to 4 tables across the page. I need the page to convert to a single, narrow column of tables when the screen width gets narrower (e.g. when on a mobile phone). I've attached 2 screen shots. The first shows the page in full screen mode: The other shows how I want the page to convert when it goes into narrow mode: Please let me know what I can do to get the page working in that way. I've already played around with this problem in different ways. Initially I tried using lists, but found that I couldn't combine tables with lists, because they don't seem to display correctly in that set up. I've also tried using <section>, <article> and <aside> but found it difficult to control the widths of things (tables) when using these. Also, it seems difficult to use these components when I have 3 or 4 tables spread across the page and I want/need to convert those into a single column of tables with only one table per row in that column. It currently seems to me as though HTML 5 and CSS 3 just aren't set up to deal with this kind of scenario. I hope someone out there can prove me wrong and point me in the right direction, so that I can resolve this problem. Thanks in advance for your time.
  • Create New...