Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cross-browser'.
Found 2 results
Hello! I have a web page that is not standard compliant, just need it available temporarily until I can build it using CSS. Created in Dreamweaver CS3, HTML 4.0.1 Transitional with tables (ouch), using the "insert plugin" feature. Page has multiple MP3 files that were converted from the .aiff format by the app All2MP3 for Mac. If you can suggest a free converter that includes metadata, as this one does not. Am working with old equipment & browsers, so cannot test visually myself, but I am told that the files function fully as intended in current versions of Safari, IE & Firefox, but auto play simultaneously without controller functionality in Chrome. My suppositions, but no conclusions from searching... websites created with tables that contain media (anything other than text) are not supported websites created with HTML 4 & tables containing media are not supported files created with All2MP3 app are not supported because the app is too old, latest version 2010 HTML 4 code, specifically the embed tag & attribute parameter syntax automatically created in Dw is not supported the plugin used within Dw CS3 is too outdated I appreciate your assistance! Pic of code attached also. <td width="280" height="50" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#CC3366" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Unbridled Emotion Mvmt. No. 2</font><br> <embed src="ue2.mp3" width="250" height="16" loop="false" controller="true" autoplay="false"></embed></td>
I've tested the code on the validator and, after ironing out a couple of errors, both the html and the css are valid, but although the page displays perfectly in Firefox it looks a mess in IE. It's at: http://phoenixchange...newIndex000.php I've tested it on Litmus and their result is the same as what I get. Ive attached two screen shots, showing the first two problems. One is of FF9.0.1 (screenshot from my machine) that shows what I want, and the other shows the Litmus test result of IE7. The three problems in IE are that: 1. The inline "menu" on the top of the grey banner and on the right of the window, slips inboard2. The content of the page drops about 150px down from the fixed grey banner3. The fixed banner isn't fixed in IE I've been being helped by dsonesuk on another thread (on another topic) but have moved it here and in case it's of interest more generally