Suggestions For My Editor?

conorod

Hi Everyone,I'm new to the forums, and I wanted to ask for ideas for a HTML Editor I am making.So far, I have:-Insert Color/Character Codes-Popup Lists Of tags & Attributes-Automatically Inserts End Tags - if you type "<a>", it automatically types "</a>"-Logo Generator-Rollover Button Generator-XHTML Validation(not with w3.org)-VBScript --> Javascript Converter-HTML Encryption-Built In Javascript Snippets-Script Support - If you type "Sub s()" in VBScript, it types "End Sub"-A small amount of intellisense for vbs & js-Clip Art-Preview-Split View-Line Numbering-PropertyGrid Showing Properties Of Tags.-Open From Web-Recently Edited Files List(File --> Recent Files)-SpellCheck-Tag Info - Gives a description of any tag & browser support info-Choose what browser to preview your webpage in-Preview your webpage at different sizes-Syntax HighlightingIs there anything else that you think I should add to this editor? Or anything that your current editor has that I don't, even if you don't like that feature(almost all the features in my editor can be turned on or off in the options dialog anyway).I appreciate any feedback.

Hmmmm...I had an idea --- If yu are also incudeing JS then there should be somethine like when I write "document." then a list of possible classes should come

Hmmmm...I had an idea --- If yu are also incudeing JS then there should be somethine like when I write "document." then a list of possible classes should come
I think that goes under "Popup lists of tags & attributes", and "Built In Javascript Snippets". But of course, if it's going to be an html editor, it should also have support for javascript and partial code-completion or help.

Automaitcs Tabbing in case of CSS and JS if statements

Um... do you have something like an alpha version of this editor we might try out or is it going to be completely payed? Screenshot(s) at least? If I get to see the app, I may actual draw you a "concept screenshot" of what it might be, or even record a sample video.Anyhow, a feature I didn't noticed in your list is variations for auto closing.For example, in Dreamwaver 8, you can close a tag when it's created or when you type the start of the closure. I'm saying "closure" because not only HTML has closing tags, and it's not the only language requiring some sort of closures. To make the example clear:Close tags:-After typing "</"-After typing the opening tag's ">"-NeverAnother thing I didn't noticed in this list was a tag library editor. If you don't support a certain markup language (i.e. XSLT 1 and/or XSLT 2) I might create a tag library for you which would then be served in auto-complete pop-ups, highlighted specially, etc.Such libraries should be generatable from XML Schema, DTD or RelaxNG files, but don't put this last thing as a priority.