Button ad for forum

kaijim

Hello, I have been getting requests about that w3schools should show more people that we have a forum. To do this, we are planning to replace the current links with buttons (images cirka 90-100 width, 20-25 height, with the words "forum" and "W3Schools").But, since I am not much of a designer, I am kinda stuck, and not happy about the buttons I have prodused.If anyone is interested in helping us out here (unpaid, regretfully), send me a PM, and I will give you my e-mail.

• 1 month later...

On the homepage, the link is under the Site Search, I would make this consistant throughout the entire site and make sure it appears there all the time.An image like this:http://www.coolinterview.com/images/comment.gifCould be placed just to the left of the text link to draw some attention to it.I think if you draw too much attention to the forum, people will skip over the tutorials all and look for an answer in the forums. For that reason, I would say keep it as blended as all the other links, but then at the conclusion of each tutorial, I'd provide a "button" or more obvious link.I don't want to add "Did you go through the tutorial yet?" to me signature!:)

I like my button. My button thinks i'm cool. So there. :)Maybe the button on the front page, and then everywhere else the symbol post above with a link called "W3Schools Forum".

• 1 year later...

You could use the FamFamFam comment icon, no issues there

What the ###### dude? Talk about grave digging.. Did you not notice that this was from over 2 years ago? Please do not do that ever again :).EDIT: Sorry mods, I forgot about the report button. Now I will get yelled at!

What the ###### dude? Talk about grave digging.. Did you not notice that this was from over 2 years ago? Please do not do that ever again :).EDIT: Sorry mods, I forgot about the report button. Now I will get yelled at!
If you knew you were gonna yelled, maybe you should have come back an edited your post.Now, as for your comment, it is completely inappropriate and I want to nip this in the butt right now.a.) there is no policy, written or not, that states you are not allowed to bring a post back to life.b.) you're not a moderator so please do not make commanding statements to members that suggest they change their behavior - you simply have no authority to.c.) please refrain from using or implying the use of vulgar language - it is inappropriate and unacceptable.Hence, your warning.