help with possitioning.

michaelguild13

Hi I am having difficulty flushing my top drop down buttons to the content image. I've tryed valignment, margin and etc. I cant think of anything now to why it wont move... If anyone could please take a look at this and make a suddgestion, that would be great ^__^http://trivision.tv/demo/ here is the css for my drop down menu.#menu {list-style-type:none; margin-bottom:0; padding:0;}#menu li {display:block; float:right; position:relative; margin-bottom:0; z-index:100; margin-right:1px;}#menu li span {display:block; z-index:100;margin-bottom:0; padding: 0px 0px;font-size:11px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:capitalize;}#menu li a, #menu li a:visited {display:block; padding:0; white-space:nowrap;}#menu dl {position:absolute; top:0; left:0; margin: 0; padding: 0;filter: alpha(opacity=70); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=70); -moz-opacity: 0.80; opacity:0.7; }* html #menu dl {}#menu dt {margin:0; font-size: 11px; float:left; font-family:Verdana;text-transform:capitalize; position:relative; color: #000;}#menu dd {display:none; background:#fff; clear:left; margin:0; padding:0; color: #000; font-size: 1em; text-align:left;}#menu dt a, #menu dt a:visited {display:block; color:#666666; padding: 0px 0px; text-decoration:none;}#menu dd a, #menu dd a:visited {color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration:none; display:block; padding: 5px 4px;font-family:Verdana; font-size:11px;}#menu li a:hover {border:0; text-decoration:none;}#menu li:hover dd, #menu li a:hover dd {display:block;}#menu li:hover dl, #menu li a:hover dl {padding-bottom:0px;}

It looks like an IE deal. It renders fine in Fire Fox.I would set up another style sheet for IE. That way you can adjust your numbers to make it work without goofing anything up in your other style sheet.For now, I would just copy your current style sheet and rename it something else for IE, then make the adjustments.Read this post, it will help you get set up.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10050

It looks like an IE deal. It renders fine in Fire Fox.I would set up another style sheet for IE. That way you can adjust your numbers to make it work without goofing anything up in your other style sheet.For now, I would just copy your current style sheet and rename it something else for IE, then make the adjustments.Read this post, it will help you get set up.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10050
I noticed the same thing. I still think there might be a way for me to get the result I would like...but most likely I will prob do what you said :), thx sam

It really shouldn't be too tough. If you copy your current sheet and use it for IE, then all you have to do is play with the numbers in the dropdown ID. The rest you can leave alone.With IE, it's anyones guess as to what will and won't work. :)

It really shouldn't be too tough. If you copy your current sheet and use it for IE, then all you have to do is play with the numbers in the dropdown ID. The rest you can leave alone.With IE, it's anyones guess as to what will and won't work. :)
I hear you, thanks again.