W3Schools Mobile

supertrucker

Just a suggestion. I know that W3Schools has a couple things that you could view from a mobile device, but how about mobilizing these forums? I find these forums a great resource, and I would love to see them mobilized, so I could read/respond/add posts on the go.Peace,Supertrucker :)

Well.. it could be made very easy (just like this forums, only with a smaller layout and stuff), but who would use it? 'Cause internetting on your mobile is very expensive..

Well, I can't speak for everybody, but I know that I would use it. Most cellular companies offer low cost internet packages for unlimited downloading nowadays. I use it quite frequently actually, and have made the mobile internet the basis for my site. If you're curious about what's really going on in the wireless world, have a look around! Most of the major networks, newspapers, and major web sites have realized the importance of the mobile web in their publications and have put out mobile versions of their sites. So obviously I'm not the only mobile user, or they wouldn't be making any money doing so! I just thought a mobile version of w3schools forums would become a valuable asset for us mobile programmers, and I can't think it would be that difficult to implement. I've already started putting together a WAP site, and when I started this a month or two ago, I knew nothing about web page building/programming.Peace yall!Supertrucker, :)

That's just it though, this is a special-purpose site for web developers. What are the chances that someone is going to be developing a web site when the only connection they have is through their cell phone?It's fine for a magazine to have a mobile site, you might want to read the magazine on the ride home. But are you really going to go out to get some lunch and start looking at the DOM reference on your cell phone?