Site Review: www.dview.co.nr

ben3001

www.dview.co.nrHi people,I've been doing this site for a while now and would love to hear some feedback. The person seems happy with it (they would do if you saw there site 1st time round all i will say is desktop publisher for a website :) ) For me theres something this site is missing, needs a little lift in my opinion and i cant seem to find it anywhere.Also i think they mentioned the logo is changing however it will still have the greeny header with the 3 images on the right. ThanksBen

It looks fine, but is this like a company or something? Because if it is, you shouldn't use a free domain...you should host with a "real" domain name like .com or something.And by the way; it's not valid XHTML :)

It looks fine, but is this like a company or something? Because if it is, you shouldn't use a free domain...you should host with a "real" domain name like .com or something.And by the way; it's not valid XHTML :)
The domain is not a problem it they already have registered the domain name but there not happy to hand it over until the site is perfect. So yea its a temporary one definately would not think of using a free domain, that kinda says alot for your buisness.And yea it should be valid now, i add things i shouldnt have :) cheers for looking

A minor spelling change... on the right side, customers comments, it says"It's better that having only an alarm. Thank you! Mr Thomas, Enfield."It's better than having only an alarm. Thank you! Mr Thomas, Enfield."THAN"
aha caught you there just checking your looking at the site :) (ok maybe i wasnt) thanks for that.in terms of layout/design doesnt seem like much problem

aha caught you there just checking your looking at the site :) (ok maybe i wasnt) thanks for that.in terms of layout/design doesnt seem like much problem
:):) I couldnt find anyother mistake :blink: ... Trying to type fast I do lot of such typos, so i always check spellings.....

everytime i load the site i see something is missing and it really doesnt stand out, its something that must be really minor but would make a ###### of a difference.it must be that ive been workin on the site for so long that i may of got bored of the apperance?

I don't know, but maybe the customer testimonials on the right should be spaced a little from the menu bar?Maybe the small "valid xhtml" bar should have the same background colour as the copyright?Maybe the "current page" bar (above navigation) should be the same color as the logo, and perhaps slightly thinner?I doubt any of that is what you are after, however I kinda understand what you meant and thought I'ld throw some ideas around :)Good luck.

Yep, it's now Valid XHTML, and that's good :)The chances for the site to look good in all browsers are much bigger when it's valid.And as someone mentioned earlier, you should get some more colors on it, and to be honest, I have no idea of what colors you should use. I ###### at finding colors for my site :)But all together, it looks great :) And good you also have text on it, because it's easier for us to see how it'll look.

updated: www.dview.co.nr@ Vacuus i've had a look at the current page bar and changed its thickness and it seems better thin actually thanks for the suggestion.@andersman i suppose if the people are happy with the site and they think it works ill leave it

I thought I could help you with your site a little. Here's some things I think could be improved.Overall DesignFor some reason when I resize to 800x600, there is no scroll bar and part of the right side is missing. I feel like the breadcrumb (page name) line doesn't fit in. Have you tried maybe having that line the same colour as your banner and maybe a bit of padding/margin above it to space it from your banner? In the breadcrumb I would normally include the full path to the page the user is browsing (Home > Products > Product 1) and make each section a link so the user can navigate with ease. I usually include the last updated date at the bottom of the page near the footer. Try maybe changing the colour of your header "Welcome To D.View LTD!" to blue or green... Your xhtml 1.0 valid image is not fitting in below the footer. Maybe include it in the footer and change the colour to somekind of blue.HomeI don't really understand what those 3 images are doing in the middle of your home page, maybe have some text close to them to explain. Your quote at the bottom isn't really clear, the border is almost invisible. Maybe change the background colour. The testimonials on the right should have a header saying Testimonials to make it clear to users what that column is. I would add padding to those testimonials, they're too close to the left content.AboutFine.ContactI would put the email row below contact number since it is longer. I would vertically align Enquiry to top to make it clearer and you forgot : after Enquiry. Since you have a maximum of 500 chars in this field, you can make it bigger. Just easier for everyone when they want to read what they typed. Why so much space below the fax number? Form should look all the same, should be like the Enquiry form.ProductsFine.ServicesImage of the women/house on the left needs margin/padding, text is too close.Site MapFine.Terms & ConditionsI would add more left padding. Quotes should be '.Just trying to help ben.My testing was done with FF2 and IE6. And yes I had a lot of time on my hands to write this hehe...

Hi there Chris, Firstly i would like to say that i am overwhelmed with the indepth analysis you did of the site and im very impressed. I dont think anyone has taken that much time to review a site and im very greatful.I think i have covered all your points which i believe make a difference to the site. The changes are only to one page so far: http://dview.co.nr/index2.htmlAll the forms use the same style, which in my opinion i dont know why i didnt have them that way in the first place.I'd love to hear your opinions on the latest updatescheers againB

You're welcome ben! As you can see I have a lot of time on my hands this week so might as well help others. I see you've improved your homepage. I think it looks a lot better. I would still add some padding on the left and right of the content so it's not so close to the border. Your quote looks better but I'm not sure maybe it would look better if it would be wider with less height. The little ad below it doesn't seem to fit, maybe having it in the footer on the right or left of your copyright stuff. What do you think about having your testimonials centered in the container with the text still left aligned? Maybe try to have the name above the quote and remove the horizontal rule. Other than that looks good.

I think the testimonials now look "cleaner" without the horizontal rule.I prefer the quote wider as you suggested, not too sure why i did it so long, fits in more nicely.Ive added as much padding/margin as possible before it starts to go mad and off the page, i think it does make quite a difference.And dont worry about that little advert, its only there to keep .co.nr happy. once it goes over to its .com it will be gone! also about the breadcrumb effect, i suppose it will only work on the products page?. Is there any point for example putting it on the about page where it would be Home> About?. this is because there are no other links on it.thanks again

Maybe add a bit more bottom padding to your quote. I think you should still have Home > About just for consistency. You can always right You are here: Home > About, and make home and about links. Nice Job!