PHP security

virtualadz

HiI was wondering whether there will be any risk in using PHP pages. What i wanna do is that just make the site in PHP for including header and footer (through include command), so there's no need to edit all the pages. Will there be any threat.Supose i have index.php and then footer.php and header.php and no other php filessssss. When using PHP is there any need to add other special code for protection or just simple HTML would do. There would be no dynamic things just want to use PHP for header n footer.Any threat ?Thankss :)

Hi thanks for your answer. I was just looking for a practical answer. Read it but I m more than a newbie to it.So What i have done is made a php file as index.php and then included header through <?php require('header.php'); ?>The rest is every bit HTML, nothing to be related to database or any advanced functions.

The greatest risk is when you ask for and accept "user input". Their input should be "cleaned" using strip_tags, strip_slashes, etc before you use the data, especially into or out of a database.