ip definition codes?

bindvori

hi i am from turkey and i regestered new, i was folloving w3schools web pages but i was not member, anyway.my question, i have a request form. but i want a user can request just one times, i mean; user will click to submit botton, he will back to sendrequest.asp, if he want send again, the page will say "This IP has already a request for this Survey!. how can i do it, what is codes or how can i serach on w3schools it, i want it and i dont know english very well :)sory for my bad english, and thak you for read my message.

ok, simply insert there ip with the other information you gather from the form.then add a check in the script before you insert a new row to check if there ip is already there, if it is then stop and redirect them, else continue inserting new row.hope this helps.

ok, simply insert there ip with the other information you gather from the form.then add a check in the script before you insert a new row to check if there ip is already there, if it is then stop and redirect them, else continue inserting new row.hope this helps.
thanks friend, i will try so,

I wouldn't use the IP address. That would mean that in an office of 350 (like where I work) on 1 person would be able to take your survey. All users go out through a single gateway - one IP.Likewise, if this is a rather permanent thing, then you can easily be blocking users as their IP address is likely to change everytime they dial in. I could effectively be blocked because some other NetZero customer already answered your survey. Even with broadband, this can happen even though the dynamic leasing of an IP takes longer to expire.Without more information on your project, it is hard to make a good suggestion. But an email address is a good unique identifier - send a confirmation email when they are done - ideally with some incentive to receive the confirmation so that you have legitimate emails. For example, I'd done this for a bed & breakfast and when you submit your feedback, a coupon gets emailed that saves you on your next stay.