Bored at work

vchris

I'm so bored at work this week. I do nothing! Anyone has something to recommend I should do to get even better at xhtml and css? I'm already at the expert level.

I'll do small work but not redesign a website unpaid :) what am I some guy that works for hours without being paid? I don't think so lol... Skemcin: I was wondering what that new section was about. I'll have to read some of that.Ste: what is it you want?

:) :) :) You got that straight but that's not my fault. I'm waiting for people to finish some docs so I can put them on the web but it might take a couple more days/weeks. I guess I'll go wash the car since it's my lunch break :blink: hehe...

I'm so bored at work this week. I do nothing! Anyone has something to recommend I should do to get even better at xhtml and css? I'm already at the expert level.
Design website templates... that what I do when there is not much work to do. improves creativity, coding mostly in XHTML, CSS. and finally post it in some open source template design site.

hmm... i will try to think of something else....And may be im finding designing templates interesting cos im in my first job and just started doing it....
That maybe true...I enjoyed making templates before I became a web developer for a job. Now after 9+ hours of coding I don't feel much like doing it for fun :)I wish I had time to be bored. As the only full-time programmer and a half dozen projects on the go at any given time (websites, custom apps, etc) some days it's hard to keep up.

That maybe true...I enjoyed making templates before I became a web developer for a job. Now after 9+ hours of coding I don't feel much like doing it for fun :)
Yeah thats so true. back when i was in college, used to sit in front of computer at home for hours, but now i rarely use it.
I wish I had time to be bored. As the only full-time programmer and a half dozen projects on the go at any given time (websites, custom apps, etc) some days it's hard to keep up.
Its pretty much the same situation im in [involved in 4 project], but i dont have time as factor, but switching between projects, asp.net to classic asp to vb, sometimes drives me crazy....

Hey come on guys! No highjacking! I need some answers fast, can't you see I'm busy :)I also change language a lot from English to French, so complicated lol... I have 1/2 a project at once hehe...

Hey come on guys! No highjacking! I need some answers fast, can't you see I'm busy :) I also change language a lot from English to French, so complicated lol... I have 1/2 a project at once hehe...
Where do you work? Got any openings? :)

Government of course, couldn't you tell? hmmm no openings that I know of... Probably because they don't want people to have nothing to do lol.

good thing its not my tax paying dollars - otherwise I'd have to forward you a ton of work . . :-)I've got too many ideas in my head to find time to be bored. I have a business plan for my next project 3/4 written - do you wanna do some market research for me?

hmmm no thanks. Seems like I found something to do. I gotta compare data in access wooohooooo... That is great :) It'll keep me busy for 2-3 days.

I wish I had more free time for web dev work. Currently I barely have because it's winter and there are TONS of new computers coming to the PC shop.And to think some people (including myself in the summer) had a lot of free time on their hands wondering what to do...Anyhow, if you're wondering what to do with your free time, yet want to be productive in some way, I suggest that you start looking for and read some articles on web design and development you haven't read for before. Good places to start are W3C and ALA.

I read most of the stuff and I already know lots of stuff. Anyway seems like I'll be busy for a couple days. I'm doing some boring work in excel and access. Access is crap! My co-worker for this job is super enthusiastic and French! :) I can't stand him.

There's always something you won't know. Let yourself go and read about things you're probably not going to use, but read their basics for... "common knowledge" at least.Good thing you're occupied anyway. And... what's with Northian Americans (USA, Canada...) and Frenchmen? Something historical I don't know about? I mean, I can stand a Frenchman just as much I can any foreigner and that is "very well, as long as I can communicate with him".