Forms and stuff in ASP

Anders Moen

How can I make a form which sends an email to my mail?I found some at W3Schools, but I don't think I'm able to use a mailserver. Free host at 1asphost.com and I'm not sure if I can have a database there either.Any free hosts that have ASP?

How can you make a form inside this tag?
What do you mean?Also, you need a mail server to send mail. You can't send mail without a mail server. It's like saying you want to host a web site but you don't want to use a web server.

One more question:How can you make a form inside this tag?response.write(" text ")Anyone know??
Are you asking about writing HTML using Response.Write. If thats what you are asking, its straight forward. just the same way you use your HTML tags, except when you need to put double quotes in HTML tags then use / [escape character] with the quotes......

Actually, VBScript does not have an escape character. You need to use the ASCII value of the quote. Go VB!

Response.write("<input type=" & chr(34) & "text" & chr(34) & " name=" & chr(34) & "input1" & chr(34) ...)

Makes it real easy to read, doesn't it? Javascript, however, does have an escape character. Which is another reason why I always use Javascript in ASP whenever possible.

Okay...I use that free ASP host brinkster.com, where I've made a mail but I don't quiet understand it because it doesn't properly work. Anyway, do they have a mail server, and if they do, what is the url to it? Like mail.brinkster.com maybe?