how to make a box arround text?

Guest hamn

Hi!I'm not really a newbie, but remains much to learn :) The reason I make this post, is simple: is that any way to get a kind of box arround the text? for example, make the acronyms show up in the text inside a box, without disturbing the rest of he text?I think it be possible using the border properties, but I'm not sure how to do it :( I'd appreciate some light on the subject :) Regards hamn

• 2 weeks later...

The border technique mentioned above works great, but there are two other ways. The other easy way is to use a fieldset. Here is an example:<fieldset><legend>Notes:</legend>Here are some notes</fieldset>This makes a box around "here are some notes", but it also has a legend. The legend puts the text "notes" in the upper left of the box (here is a crude example: ----Notes:--------------------). The best way to do a box would be to set up a table (or divs with divs inside it), and then in the corners you could put a rounded edge (this would have to be an image). You could use <hr> for the part of the box without the corner. So, each way has its uses. The border technique is quick and easy, and there are different border choices/sizes. The fieldset is nice because of the legend. You will often find fieldset's used in forms, and the legend tells the users what goes in that field. The final way I said where you use a table that has 4 hr's and 4 images of a rounded corner (you don't need this) can make a nice professional effect. You don't need to use <hr>'s, but they are easy for doing this. I like the last way because I can really customize the box, and I like the rounded effect on my boxes.hope this helps,axel