C#

vytas

Well i heard some things about C# ,but i dont actualy know what it is. and what it is used for ...Is it something like JAVA ?I am not good at JAVA BTW

I've never done any but I know it's like VB and C combined together. That's about all I know. I'm sure aspnetguy will come post about it in about 5 seconds :)

Lol u know what u can do with it.With JAVA i know u can make some very nice aplications :)But aint that good in Java :)

Well i heard some things about C# ,but i dont actualy know what it is. and what it is used for ...Is it something like JAVA ?I am not good at JAVA BTW
C# is a object oriented language from Microsoft and is derived from C and C++. It also borrows a lot of concepts from Java too including garbage collection......

C# is one of the languages that Microsoft developed to be used with the .NET framework. It is used for web programming (ASP.NET) and Windows application programming. Microsoft submitted the language specification to ECMA and ISO and it has since been approved as a standard. There are other implementations of C#, including from Borland, the Mono project, and the Dot GNU project.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp

Actually it is more like JAVA than C or C++. Infact it was developed by the same guy that start JAVA (or so I've heard).It is object oriented. It is a higher level language than C or C++,a lot less memory management to worry about and a lot more builtin features/controls.

Not sure what you're asking but by higer level I mean there is more functionality in the framework. You don't have to dispose every object you create like in C. C#'s garbage collector will do this when the program ends and frees up the memory for you.C# has builtin classes for workign with Graphics (GDI+) which is easier to use than Win32 graphics. C# has builtin functions to deal with sockets and network programming which is far more easy than C or C++.Basically it has alot of stuff builtin that you would have to built from scratch in C or C++.

Ok know i want to know ,what u can do with it...Is it made for web development ?, or for something else or both ?Can u make a game with it ?

That's the beauty of .Net (C# and VB) you can write a class or library and use it in both web and desktop applications. Just like in ASP you can use VBScript or JavaScript, in ASP.Net you can use C# or VB.

I am now realy getting confused ,Il just lay of C# and C C++ for a while ....

I am now realy getting confused ,Il just lay of C# and C C++ for a while ....
Trying to explain why in ASP and ASP.Net you can use other languages is tough but it really isn't that hard. Read a few tutorial sites csharpfriends.com, csharpcorner.com

I will do that.Do you have an example for what's done with C# :)

Here is a simple application in ASP.Net using C#. You can see a live demo here http://dev.aspnetguy.com/dev/blog/Default.aspxDefault.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="BlogNet._Default" %><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">  <body>	<form id="form1" runat="server">	  Enter your name: 	  <asp:TextBox ID="nameTextBox" runat="server" /><br />	  <asp:Button ID="enterButton" runat="server" Text="Enter" OnClick="enterButton_Click" />	  <br />	  <asp:Label ID="messageLabel" runat="server" />	</form>  </body></html>

Default.aspx.cs

using System;using System.Web;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace BlogNet{  public partial class _Default : Page  {	protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)	{	} 	protected void enterButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)	{	  messageLabel.Text = "Hello " + nameTextBox.Text + "!";	}  }}

Wow very interesting.Il think il look in C# some more.

I dunno , never coded in C# before.But if aspnetguy come's hel probably know.

C# seems to be more logical...

using System;  class A{      public static void Main(String[] args){        Console.WriteLine("Hello World");       }} 

I mean like Console.WriteLine() seems to be more logical than System.out.println() with the Class and object address.So they both have there ups and downs, although C# is professionally built and has a better framework, with .NET and things. It states that only time will tell. I guess you get what you pay for, that Java is free and open source, but it does have it's disadvantages, but the same with C#.

C# and Java are two very different things. C# is not the Microsoft implementation of Java, it is a new language altogether. It borrows from several other languages (like everything else), but it is a separate technology. One major difference between C# and Java is that Java applications require an interpreter (the Java Runtime Environment), and C# (and all other languages that use the .NET framework) are compiled applications. They require the class libraries of the common language runtime and the framework, but they are compiled applications. It's hard to compare two high-level languages and say which one is "higher", there are just different degrees of abstraction. C++ abstracts a lot of the low-level work that you had to do with C, but C itself is still a high-level language.