PHP Subforum, for examples

Jack McKalling

It would be nice if there was an area for PHP examples, here at the forum :)Not at the site in the tutorial, but here. (Also a link to this at the tut)It could be a subforum, or an 'important (stickied) topic' with a list.As a begin, I have an example already: many people want a login system, so I wrote mine, which I allow them to use as an example. (it can be found here)

Sorry to be so blunt, but no. I just learnt this a bit ago, :), we're not trying to pull people away from the tutorials. This is a forum, for support, not scripts. If you would like, you can send them to kaijim and he might include them in the actual w3schools.com site. Sorry again. :)Choco

No really, I would like that too. If you consider doing so, I would be honoured to supply one or more PHP (or other language) scripts.Wherever they end showing up, if it is the site or the forum, I don't mind, in fact, the site would be better anyways :)But I assumed you (or kaijim) won't do such :)I'll send him something, thanks :(

Yeah, I think it's important that people don't just stop going to w3schools.com just because this forum exists. This forum is an addition, to add something to an already great tutorial site. W3Schools.com are dependant on visitors and site hits for the advertisers to want to pay to advertise there. If we want to keep this site up there, and free for all, the only way we can assure that is by using it. :)

Yeah, I think it's important that people don't just stop going to w3schools.com just because this forum exists. This forum is an addition, to add something to an already great tutorial site. W3Schools.com are dependant on visitors and site hits for the advertisers to want to pay to advertise there. If we want to keep this site up there, and free for all, the only way we can assure that is by using it. :)

I completely agree, but they don't just make the advertising money off of the tutorial sites, they also make advertising money in the forums as well...I am currently seeing an ImHosted ad at the top of my screen :), so by writing this post, I am helping w3schools keep the site up and running :(

Actually, I'm not so sure w3schools make money off of those ads on the forum. I think those ads are implemented by invisionzone, and that invisionzone make money off of them. Ads are generated by google, and as it is on w3schools, they have spesific ads. The ads on the top of this page are just generated randomly, so when you sign up to make a forum, you can choose categories from which you want ads to display...

Actually, I'm not so sure w3schools make money off of those ads on the forum. I think those ads are implemented by invisionzone, and that invisionzone make money off of them. Ads are generated by google, and as it is on w3schools, they have spesific ads. The ads on the top of this page are just generated randomly, so when you sign up to make a forum, you can choose categories from which you want ads to display...

Interesting....I learn something new everyday. Thanks :)

What exactly is w3schools making from the ads? I mean there are so many...  Why can't we just sign up for an ad service that pays higher?

That information is not public and I doubt you could ever expect it to be. w3schools.com is a private endeavour - so you won't have the own spilling their guts about the financials.Ad services are not that simple. Sites often have to provide statistical proof of traffic in order to demand a certain advertising rate. For that reason alone, it is re-emphasises the point that tutorial content and support discussions must not overlap each other - one compliments the other but they do not share their respective responsibilities.