CMS and Personal Website feedback

Anders Moen

I like the new design a lot more than your old one. I think simple templates are really good these days. With a really busy design, it's hard to get the content you're looking for when you visit a site. It also looks a lot more organized than the other one, with the navigation bar at least. I like the gradient where the content section fades into the background colour.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See http://tutorialized.comI am running out of websites now :)

I like the new design a lot more than your old one. I think simple templates are really good these days. With a really busy design, it's hard to get the content you're looking for when you visit a site. It also looks a lot more organized than the other one, with the navigation bar at least. I like the gradient where the content section fades into the background colour.
Thanks. I agree with the new design being better than the old one, but that's because I like continued on it.
I will built it myself as you did :)
What? :S
See http://tutorialized.comI am running out of websites now
Thanks. That's where I'm learning some Flash and PS from too :)

Great..I will find more website, and if I find anything good I will tell you about it!

I've done some things with the design, and I've made the whole thing more secure! If you go to to the admin page (http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/admin.php) you'll be sent back with PHP header('location: index.php'); unless you're logged in at the site.But go to http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/index.php and check it out now...I've added a better picture as background on the top and stuff, and I would say it's a lot better now thanks to designhjelp.com which is a Norwegian webdesign forum. THe admin at that forum has helped me a lot further with the design on it. Mostly the top (the water-image)

Both point at the same thing right?

the 2 urls that you hav given go to the same place...

You mean http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/index.php and http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/admin.php ?Well... http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/index.php is the same that I started with, just that I've done some things to it now so the design is much cooler I'd say! It's simple though, cause it's just gonna be a standard design on the CMS if you download if when I've fixed all bugs and stuff.

I think he means that they go to the same place because that's how you did it right? You said that if you go to the admin.php page without logging in first you were redirected to the index, which is probably what's happening to him would be my guess.I like the new header image, it's nice. The whole thing has really improved a ton since when you first showed it too us. :)

Thanks!Whoa! Pulpfiction, I've only viewed the page in Opera while redesigning it, but I'm trying to fix it now :)Edit: the search box is fixed =)I looked into my sourcecode, and I saw I had closed the <div id="main"> after the menu so that's the reason but it's fixed now. Thanks for telling me! If you hadn't said that, I doubt I'd notice it hehe.

Anders,Nice work there. I have enjoyed watching it develop since you first posted a reference to it. It is coming along nicely. Have you seen "cutenews" yet? Might want to download a version and tear their code apart to get some ideas...Couple of small things that I would change, though, but it is your Project, so do as you see fit:1.) Add height: 100.1% to the pages so that a scrollbar shows all the time. When you go between long pages and short pages, the short pages, or vice versa, "joggle" a little due to the addition/removal of the scrollbar, so adding that css will force the scrollbar to be present always and no "joggle" occurs.2.) Use either the gold or silver colours on your buttons. It will integrate the graphics better. Maybe with transparent backgrounds to let that nice graphic appear through them?3.) Using the admin link took me to a 404 page, not the Index page.Keep up the good work...

Is height and positioning allowing in decimal point numbers too??

Is height and positioning allowing in decimal point numbers too??
Depends on the units you specify.1.5em or 1.5% is possible, but you can't display 1.5 pixels.

alright

Anders,Nice work there. I have enjoyed watching it develop since you first posted a reference to it. It is coming along nicely. Have you seen "cutenews" yet? Might want to download a version and tear their code apart to get some ideas...Couple of small things that I would change, though, but it is your Project, so do as you see fit:1.) Add height: 100.1% to the pages so that a scrollbar shows all the time. When you go between long pages and short pages, the short pages, or vice versa, "joggle" a little due to the addition/removal of the scrollbar, so adding that css will force the scrollbar to be present always and no "joggle" occurs.2.) Use either the gold or silver colours on your buttons. It will integrate the graphics better. Maybe with transparent backgrounds to let that nice graphic appear through them?3.) Using the admin link took me to a 404 page, not the Index page.Keep up the good work...
1) Okay, I will when I have an FTP program open :)2) Hm, okay...haven't been bothered cause I'm viewing the page mostly in Opera where it gets a "cool" effect by specifying no style.3) I know, because I took the CMS of for a little while but it should be back opened now :blink:Edit: it's up now, but I think I've managed to do some stuff I shouldn't have done :)But I'm trying to fix it now, just so you know,..Edit 2: It should be fixed now :)

As a lot of you guys know, I've been working on a new design for my site, and then I got this design, but I've been working today on yet another one, and I came up with this one?, and I'm just wondering what you think of it. Better than the last one? I know it's a really simple design, but I like simple websites...For those of you who's tried my CMS, you'll notice I used the same background-image on my site and the CMS, because I just couldn't be bothered to make yet a new one like that...lolSo your opinions please, and be honest :)I don't want to hear "it's good" if you don't think it is. And as I said, I know it's simple because I like simple sites even though that site became maybe too easy?I also want to place the menu up on the side of the logo, but the site get's *asfidsgasfsfh* every time I try...if someone wanna do it for me, feel free (just view source and modify it) hehe.Edit:I know it seems a bit boring because it's like...nothing there, even tough the text fills the whole page (if you don't have a bigger screen thatn 800 in the height), but what more can I put on there? I got those images on sxc.com (I think it's called), so I just used them to make the site look more "real"...