Hi , i still don't really get the querystring

craymel

yes, the "GET" method takes teh values of the form that was submitted and puts all the values in a URL string. Now that the variables are in the URL, the code on the page the form is posted to can use these values however it is needed.

better use post, espiacially in log in parts of your site, otherwise people could see the username and password in the address bar if you don't redirect immediatly :)

This is not necesarily good advice to follow. There has been no mention of the form in question having a username and/or password. Understanding that GET passes information in the URL versus POST passing it in the header AND understanding why and when to use each is more important. There are certain situations where GET is far better to use than POST - until an application is specified just ask yourself if the data that is being passed from one form to the other is OK to be seen by anyone in the world.

oh , must it be used in forms only ? let's say i have a database , i have a page that display my members . I want to do it , when people click on the names of the member , it will direct it to another or a same page with different content . so that just the content that changes . I don't want to make multiply site for each member . lol . But is it "get" method to use ? i am so blur .