newbie: How do you horizontally center (align) a div ?

amakeler

Hi all, Subject: newbie q: How do you horizontally center (align) a div ?I have looked thru all the CSS commands, but for some reason I could not seem to find a command to horizontally center (align) a <div>. I have taken somebody's good advice to put all my content in some sort of #content div, but now I have decided to make the content a certain width, say 900px, I can't find a way to center the #content div in the center of the browser window.So surely there must such a command? Thinking...or maybe not, coz every time somebody widens the browser the whole content will have to jump.Anyway...need help.avraham

you shouldn't need the text align attribute for the body.As saying text-sling:left; in every other element means extra bytes to d/l from the css, a bit useless in my opinion, And it says on that site that its for ie5 for windows. Who the heck uses ie5 nowadays? :)

you shouldn't need the text align attribute for the body.As saying text-sling:left; in every other element means extra bytes to d/l from the css, a bit useless in my opinion, And it says on that site that its for ie5 for windows. Who the heck uses ie5 nowadays? :)
Yeah since IE7 came out I've completely disregarded support for ie5.By the way, if you're being so nitpicky about extra bytes....
#content
#id{margin: 0px auto;width:900px;}

can be
#id{margin: 0 auto;width:900px;}

:)