Sign in to follow this  
Obi1-Cannabis

Not entering a function...

HeyBack with another problem :) flash+xml+php+mysql, but the problem is only between flash and the xml created by the php... flash accesses the php, it does what it is suposed to do, that is checks if the information is on the DB if it's not inserts it and creates xml code saying "inserted" if it's already there creates that code but sayin "already there", untill here everything is fine but the flash is not getting those answers back...

function responde() {  resposta=respostaXML.firstChild.childNodes[0].nodeValue;  trace("it's here");  _parent.resp.text = resposta;}		respostaXML = new XML;respostaXML.ignoreWhite = true;respostaXML.onLoad = responde;respostaXML.load("http://cgseguros/newsletter.php?&nome="+_parent.your_name+"&mail="+_parent.your_email);

...in fact it doesn't even enter the function(it's not displaying that 'trace' nor giving the value to '_parent.resp.text.can this be because the file is php but is displaying xml?EDIT:No that can't be the problem i've used it before... :)

my bad... i was trying to put the function inside the onRelease :)but i still have a doubt, how is possible to make the text field empty after... lets say... 3 seconds?

respostaXML = new XML;respostaXML.ignoreWhite = true;respostaXML.onLoad = function responde() {  resposta=respostaXML.firstChild.childNodes[0].nodeValue;  trace("it's here");  _parent.resp.text = resposta;};respostaXML.load("http://cgseguros/newsletter.php?&nome="+_parent.your_name+"&mail="+_parent.your_email);