VBScript trim newlines

justsomeguy

In ASP classic/VBScript, how the heck are you supposed to be able to trim newlines off the end of a string? Apparently the trim functions trim all whitespace except newlines. For example, in this data, I need all newlines preserved except for the several at the end (ignore the period):

What is the capital of Assyria?Answer: 5Study: AssyriaBeirutDamascusTripoliFranceI... I don't know that.

Hmm. Something like this?

Do While Right(theString, 1) = (Chr(13) & Chr(10))	theString = Replace(theString, (Chr(13) & Chr(10)), "", Len(theString), 1)Loop

uggggh....VB

uggggh....VB
Yeah, I know. This turned out to be the solution:
Do While Right(question_array(qc), 2) = VbCrLf  question_array(qc) = Left(question_array(qc), Len(question_array(qc))-2)Loop

Apparently the Replace function will discard everything to the left of the start parameter (in this case, everything). I mean, why would you want to keep the rest of the string anyway, right? So a side effect of Replace is that the string gets truncated if start > 0.

Apparently the Replace function will discard everything to the left of the start parameter (in this case, everything). I mean, why would you want to keep the rest of the string anyway, right? So a side effect of Replace is that the string gets truncated if start > 0.
Brutal. It's no wonder I don't write VB. Sorry you're stuck with it on your project!

Yeah. One day, when I have the time, I will rewrite the LMS using PHP, and the lord will grin, and the people will feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats...