Flash header, need to create a link to location on the same page.

tedvieira

Hi,I've got an html page with a flash header on it. In the flash header I've got buttons that I need to set up links to different locations on the same html page. In html I would use the <A HREF="#location" and <A NAME="location". How do I achieve this type of thing with the link in the flash header.Thanks!Ted Vieira

Do you know how to make buttons in flash? Also do you know about the on(click) functions? if not just rummage in W3 and find out first.Basically you need to just go on the button:

on(click){getURL("#location", "_top");}

Simple :)

Do you know how to make buttons in flash? Also do you know about the on(click) functions? if not just rummage in W3 and find out first.Basically you need to just go on the button:

Simple :)

Yeah, this seemed right to me too. In my Behaviors Panel, I selected the button, clicked on the "+", selected "web page" and typed in "#services" (I even tried "index.html#services"), and selected "_top" but it doesn't work. :-( Anything I might be doing wrong?Thanks again,Ted(I'm using flash mx 2004)

• 2 months later...

Simple

Yeah, this seemed right to me too. In my Behaviors Panel, I selected the button, clicked on the "+", selected "web page" and typed in "#services" (I even tried "index.html#services"), and selected "_top" but it doesn't work. :-( Anything I might be doing wrong?Thanks again,Ted(I'm using flash mx 2004)
I am using Flash MX 2004, and your probem appears to be using on(click) - I used on(release) in its place, and it works.
on(release){getURL("location", "_top");}

-- mind, if this isn't what you need... it works for me. for example, the value in quotes there as location, you'd use index.html#services instead.