Forum doesn't automatically log me in anymore

SmokingMan

Okay, I know this is whining......kinda......but each time I visit now I have to log in manually (well actually Firefox remembers it for me). I have the "remember me" box checked, and I never used to have this problem. Am I the only one having problems logging in? Now I know it now takes me two clicks to log in (so much work), and in the grand scheme of things it's not as high on the list as say, what's going to happen next week on "24". But it is an annoying problem. Are there any solutions to this or will I just have to keep wearing my mouse out having to click it two extra times? Oh the inhumanity of it all :)

Same problem on another site that recently upgraded to IBP 2.2. I was told they changed the set-up deep in the dark side of the forum and although it is more secure, Firefox has trouble with it , somehow. Don't have any details, but might check into it and report back if I find anything significant.And 'time-outs' are more frequent there, too.

Hmm, so this happens in Firefox, does it? Have you signed in to the forum other places in between your visits here? Because I believe the forum software also does a browser check, so that one cookie session also includes info on the browser. If you've signed in for example at school, with a different version of firefox or perhaps IE then that could account for why your session is ended at home as it were.

Exactly the same as the situation which I described above. If I switch Browsers, the login at the other Forum messes up. It really is a bother when you have 3 or 4 browsers open during the day checking pages while working , travelling from Forum to Forum, and don't always remember which one you used last time at whichever Forum. Is there any indication that they are working towards a fix or cure?

I start Firefox with four forums loaded as my start pages: Webepertz Forum, Programming Talk, Windows Forum, and W3Schools.. This is the only forum I seem to have trouble with. I don't use any other browser, except when viewing pages under construction to check the rendering. Like I said, not a monumental problem, but one that makes you go.......hmmmm. :) I didn't used to have this problem, that's why I'm curious.