dreamweaver connection problem

Rasputin_RU

For two days i've been trying to make a connection to my database and it is becoming a nightmare, driving me nuts.W3scools does not talk you through it, only gives code which does nothing for me fortunately,.When i open my file, and attempt to make a connectio in "application-databases" after clicking + it gives me two options 'OLE DB Connection' or 'SQL server connection'. i tried both, but i believe i need the first one,than; it displays a window and i name my connection vvv, in connection string field i put: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=aspx\freeview.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" this code, when i press test it displays this error message,'C:\winnt\systems32\aspx\freeview.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.this is the exact message it displays.and i haven't even got a folder named "winnt" and i never told it to go and get there.and that my swerver works i know becayse asp driven database is working ok. same database.Can anyone advice me how to connect this database to my .aspx pages?Thank you

change your connection stirng ot the following

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspx\freeview.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"

if a starting point is not specified then it starts at c:\winnt\system32\

change your connection stirng ot the following
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspx\freeview.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"

if a starting point is not specified then it starts at c:\winnt\system32\

no it does not work, same message, also i'm connected to the server not my local database, and i have by palying around made the connection with this code "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"&"Data Source="&server.mappath("../database/freeview.mdb")&";", however, when i do test it says connection is successful, but when i press ok it does not create a connection. why?

OK i got the connection working:this is the code for it: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\Ryehill\websites\employee-development\larcenkov\ASP_Website_1_Root\database\freeview.mdb;User ID=admin;Password="however, now that i make a record set, and data grid, after F12 ing. browser displays this.Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: File or assembly name DreamweaverCtrls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="MM" Namespace="DreamweaverCtrls" Assembly="DreamweaverCtrls,version=1.0.0.0,publicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a,culture=neutral" %>Line 3: <MM:DataSet Line 4: id="DataSet1" Source File: C:\WEBSITES\employee-development\larcenkov\ASP_Website_1_Root\aspx\Untitled-7.aspx Line: 2 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DreamweaverCtrls' could not be loaded.=== Pre-bind state information ===LOG: DisplayName = DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a (Fully-specified)LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/WEBSITES/employee-developmentLOG: Initial PrivatePath = binCalling assembly : (Unknown).===LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.LOG: Post-policy reference: DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46aLOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/9d8b4d05/8f93d671/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/9d8b4d05/8f93d671/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WEBSITES/employee-development/bin/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WEBSITES/employee-development/bin/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/9d8b4d05/8f93d671/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/9d8b4d05/8f93d671/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WEBSITES/employee-development/bin/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WEBSITES/employee-development/bin/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032 any ideas what it is or why? as i done everything step by step from Adobe tutorial.Thanks

I think this illustrates the fact that unless you know how to program you shouldn't be using a GUI that tries to do it for you.Dreamweaver has created it's own assemblies to try and run your request. I doubt there is any way to view the source of these assemblies.

Also take notice of this part of your error message: "File or assembly name DreamweaverCtrls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.". It looks like you're missing a reference somewhere. As I've never used Dreamweaver, I'm afraid I won't be of any more help.Notice how the LOG lines are telling you that .NET is looking for DreamweaverCtrls.DLL but can't find it in a number of directories? Find that file, place it in one of those directories, and your problem may go away.

• 2 weeks later...
Also take notice of this part of your error message: "File or assembly name DreamweaverCtrls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.". It looks like you're missing a reference somewhere. As I've never used Dreamweaver, I'm afraid I won't be of any more help.Notice how the LOG lines are telling you that .NET is looking for DreamweaverCtrls.DLL but can't find it in a number of directories? Find that file, place it in one of those directories, and your problem may go away.
What application do i than use to work with asp.net? i see a very big potential in it. i want to learn it as it is faster better etc.Please advice on this.I've been looking through tutorials and found http://www.asp.net, it is quite good it seems, but i need to install some program called Web developer tool. Is it any good?