css background image home lcoation

primefalcon

ok for my website I want to be able to specify 1 single background image to useIn the external style sheet I'm using:

body {background-image: url('images/starfield.gif');background-attachment: fixed}

What I need help with is how do I set the url, so all the pages that link to the stylesheet, know where to find then image to use as the background, rather than try to search for an image folder where the page is.Sorry for not being ablee to word this clearer, I hope it makes sense

I've tried using a global reference like this

body {background-image: url('http://primefalcon.runescaperegistry.com/images/starfield.gif');background-attachment: fixed}

so the pages in all the separate locations can link to it but it didn't seem to work

The path in url() is relative to where the CSS file is, and does not matter which page you include the stylesheet to...... as long as you give the correct path of the stylesheet in the page, images should not be a problem.. is that what you are asking??

actually I found the problem I was having. it was the css link not the css file itselfAnd actually thank you I didn't know it was relative.sorry still rather new to css and wow, I can see how css will make everything so much easier and quicker to change site themes