I seem to be having another problem

primefalcon

Ok in an external stylesheet I've tried to define the hyperlink colors same as I do in html bodyas follows

body {background-image: url('black');background-attachment: fixed;a:link {color: #FF0000}a:visited {color: #00FF00}a:hover {color: #FF00FF}a:active {color: #0000FF}}

the actual first alink isn't actually working right and I've I've tried using a separate body just for the link selectors but.... cant get it to work. IS what I'm trying to do possible?sorry to be a pain just in the middle of converting one of my websites over to css and most of it is going great

no need to put the link styles in the body selector. instead try:

body {background-image:url('black'); background-attachment: fixed;}a:link {color: #FF0000}a:visited {color: #00FF00}a:hover {color: #FF00FF}a:active {color: #0000FF}

no need to put the link styles in the body selector. instead try:
body {background-image:url('black'); background-attachment: fixed;}a:link {color: #FF0000}a:visited {color: #00FF00}a:hover {color: #FF00FF}a:active {color: #0000FF}

so the thing itself acts as the selector, thank you..ok that works, but is there anyway to actually do it so you cal select classes with this? or would I have to do that in a separate stylesheet

Are you asking about CSS class for <a>, you can write css classes in the same stylesheet.....CSS:a.classname:link {color: #ff0000}a.classname:active {color: #0000FF}a.classname:visited {color: #00FF00}a.classname:hover {color: #FF00FF}HTML: <a href="someurl" class="classname">Link 1</a>Example:http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_link2

Ok that is exactly what I need to know, thank you very much.and I actually seen that example but I didn't draw the connectionso say doing this would be no problemCSS:a.main:link {color: #ff0000}a.homelink:link {color: #ff0000}HTML:<a href="someurl" class="main">say page 2</a> <a href="someurl" class="homelink">home</a>