forms

Mike74f

my friend needs a simple form with text box for name, 2 check boxes and and drop down menu with a list of classes, like an application but he needs 1 that will save it as an ascii file on the server rather than emailing it. ive seen different types of forms online but they are all email scripts and frankly most of the coding i dont understand can anyone help me?

Well does your host support PHP ?If so u could use the mail function ,wich doesn't require alot of coding knowledge.Look at w3schools.com => PHP => PHP secure E-mail.

The Master, read what he says next time. He said "save it as an ascii file on the server rather than emailing it". He doesn't want to use e-mail :)But to save things in a file at your server when people clicks at the submit button, you can use this tutorial

ASCII is a text format, you could also save a file in UTF-8 or some other formats.If the server supports PHP5, you can use the file_put_contents function to write to the file all at once. If PHP5 is not installed, then you will need to use a combination of fopen, fwrite, and fclose to create the file, write to it, and close it.

Does UTF-8 and ASCII look different when openend?

They have different character sets. The normal ASCII has 128 characters, and extended ASCII has 256 characters. UTF-8 and unicode in general is needed to display all of the international characters like the Cyrillic, Asian, Persian etc letters. ASCII does not include those characters.

Okay! Got it ! Thanks