inserting records in xml

bluetoother

guys i wonder what is the php code for adding new record in any xml fileexactly the same way in INSERT for SQLlike iam using my xml file as database........i looked in the DOM functions but didnt workkept of showing an errorthe DOMDocument is not defindex:<msg> <name>me</name></msg>i want add another name <name>me2</name>thanks again to all the ppl who always give the solutions

Hi!You could use SimpleXML (which I preffer) and then do someting like this (using ->addChild())

$xml = new SimpleXMLElement('document.xml', NULL, TRUE);// add$xml->addChild('name', 'you');// save$xml->asXML( 'document.xml' );

If you want use DOM XML you could do something like this (i don't know that much about DOM XML)

$doc = domxml_open_file("document.xml");$node = $doc->create_element("name");$newnode = $doc->append_child($node);

Ok that's probalby wrong, I couldn't figure out how to do it... Go with SimpleXMLGood Luck and Don't Panic!

Actually, DOM class is constructed like so:

$dom = new DomDocument; //If you want to load an existing file. Otherwise add brackets with info for the one you'll be generating.$dom->formatOutput = true; //Optional$dom->preserveWhiteSpace = true; //Optional$dom->load($xmlFile); //Replace $xmlFile with the actual location of the XML file.

Also, don't forget to finish with:

$dom->saveXML($xmlFile);

to save the result as a file, otherwise it's just a DOM tree to use within the PHP file. By the way, you might find this thing interesting.

SimpleXML is be enabled by default (at least in PHP5+), but it may, for some unknown reason, be disabled on youre system.I don't now much about using PHP in M$ win (as I'm not a big fan of win...), so i don't know if there's a way to enable SimpleXML or DOM. One way to that is to update/reinstall with a new version of PHP (i.e.PHP 6) and make sure xml is enabled..

i got this msg :Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: simplexmlelement in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mkawer\test.php on line 2could it be the version of php installed on my server ?coz DOM class is not defined too
If you have PHP4, neighter DOM or SimpleXML will work. Schek phpinfo() to see if you have 5 or 4.

actually the server that host my web site runs php4 ..and give me the same erroris there any way to add that classes to my web site ?
No. Porting them to PHP4 would be really unefficient. You need to migrate to PHP5. The only way in which you can write XML files in PHP4 will be to write them as text files with the fopen() and the such functions.