First layout

turntabletux

Hey,This is the first photoshop web layout that I have full completed. I've only been using photoshop for about a good month. I've been doing at least 2 tuts a day to make sure I learn something. Please tell me what you think, I really want to get better at what I am doing. Again, this isn't a masterpiece, it's my first layout. Thanks again!-AntPortfolio3.gif

this is very good for a first layout. I dont like the way you have both drop shadow & outer glow layer styles applied to the text i think it would look cleaner with one or the other. remember that this will be viewed in different screen resolutions so you may want to have a background that can repeat. at the moment it doesnt look like it will otherwise its pretty cool

Yeah, I didn't really know what to do with the text to be totally honest. Especially on the side where I would use the links. Would could I do to make the background repeat if it needs to? Also, what is the standard photoshop size for a website template or portfolio template? Thank you guys very much for the feedback! :) -Ant

well 1024×768 is currently the most widely used screen size so you should optimise your layout for this resolution. remember that screen size does not equal the actual visible area of the browser. so if you were optimising for 800×600 resolutions your page width would be 750 pixels. Its 960 pixels for 1024×768 resolutions.

It looks nice a bit kiddish though!You have mainly used PhotShop Vector Brushes

• 6 months later...