Close alert

pulpfiction

I don't really understand what you are saying but do you mean something like this http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...ost&p=52941

Hmm...execution of the javascript pauses on alert. Could you do something like this?

...alert("An error has occurred, this window will close...");window.close();

Or, if you are trying to close a child window whose reference is held in a variable called "wnd", it'd be something like this:

...alert("An error has occurred, the child window will close...");wnd.close();

Is there a code to automatically close the popup window that comes up on alert() command...
Oh, close the alert window? No, I don't believe that there is.

Reason why I wanted to know that is cos, my friend has this login system which when the user registers in the website, it takes only login name and gives him 4-digit [numeric] as password, so i thought it would be easy to hack [just to prove its a bad idea]. If I know the login name then all I need is to use JS and fill the username textbox with that and loop through all 4 digit numbers and one of them will login. but the only problem is that every time when the login is incorrect it popups a message, if I could close it then loop will continue.... :)

Reason why I wanted to know that is cos, my friend has this login system which when the user registers in the website, it takes only login name and gives him 4-digit [numeric] as password, so i thought it would be easy to hack [just to prove its a bad idea]. If I know the login name then all I need is to use JS and fill the username textbox with that and loop through all 4 digit numbers and one of them will login. but the only problem is that every time when the login is incorrect it popups a message, if I could close it then loop will continue.... :)
ROFL, check this:http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum91/1274.htm
Quick and dirty, but it works (tested in IE6):function alert() {}
I just tested in Firefox and it works too...EDIT: This may be even better:
function alert(string){	document.getElementById("display").innerHMTL += string + "<br />";}

I only thought it'd be better because you'd still be able to see what the alerts where supposed to be alerting. If you are OK with completely ignoring the messages until you are logged in, then function alert() {} would probably be the best way.