Two colors in H1

PrateekSaxena

Hi,I have a heading like "Counter Strike : First Person Shooter". Now I want the "Counter Strike" word to be in black in the "First Person Shooter" part to be in blue. How do I do this? Is there some Pseudo class or something do this??

Hi,I have a heading like "Counter Strike : First Person Shooter". Now I want the "Counter Strike" word to be in black in the "First Person Shooter" part to be in blue. How do I do this? Is there some Pseudo class or something do this??
Try this:
<head><style type="text/css>h1.cs {color: black}h1.fps {color: blue}</style></head><body><h1 class="cs">Counter Strike:</h1><h1 class="fps">First Person Shooter</h1></body>

Overwise try the "span style" method.

but wouldn't that make the other h1 come in the other line??

No, becasue it only formats the H1 with the class set to "cs" or "fts", and I have closed the tag.

it stills comes in two lines...

try this then:

<head><style type="text/css>h1.cs {color: black}h1.fps {color: blue}</style></head><body><h1 class="cs">Text<h1 class="fps">Text2</h1></body>

The only other way I can think of is by using the font tag in HTML.

Nope, it's not Fermat. You can use

<head><style type="text/css>h1.cs { color: black; float: left; }h1.fps { color: blue; float: left; }</style></head><body><h1 class="cs">Text</h1><h1 class="fps">Text2</h1></body>

Another way might be to use the Table Row tag.

Couldn't you use a span tag? Font tags are deprecated in XHTML. Try this maybe:

<html><head><style type="text/css">h1 {color: #000; }.color2 {color: #HEXCODE; }</style></head><body><h1>Counter Srtike : <span class="color2">First Person Shooter</span></h1></body></html>

I think you can put span elements inside of heading elements.

Like I said, you can use float: left; on the h1 classes:

<head><style type="text/css>h1.cs { color: black; float: left; }h1.fps { color: blue; float: left; }</style></head><body><h1 class="cs">Text</h1><h1 class="fps">Text2</h1></body>

<html><head><style type="text/css">h1 {color: #000; }.color2 {color: #HEXCODE; }</style></head><body><h1>Counter Srtike : <span class="color2">First Person Shooter</span></h1></body></html>

I said that above.

I said that above.

Like I said, you can use float: left; on the h1 classes:

Thanks andersmoen! Quite obviously I wasn't going to use FONT as I need to write XHTML 1.0 Strict. Your code worked perfectly except one thing that in the style tag you forgot to close the quotes and so did everyone else who replied to this post :)Thanks again

it would be better to use the span tag the way Kevin M suggests. simply because using 2 seperate h1 tags one after another will be seen as an attempt to inflate a page's ranking by Google and you would be penalised for the document not being well structured.

I dont like SPAN :)And i dont know what it is either :)

Prateek:spans are used for applying styles to sections of text only. A div contains other divs, imgs, ps etc. but is you are changing just a small portion of text within some other text use a span. THis is my understanding anyway. i.e if you have a paragraph and you want to style a sentence in the middle you would use a span.

Roondogs pretty much right. spans are inline elements whereas divs are block. block-level elements generally start a new line unless you float them. that is that block-level elements are renderedwith an implicit line break before and after, while inline-level elements are rendered where they occur in the text flow.

Ok...<SPAN> it is.Thanks a lot everyone and thanks croatiankid for the links!