Online tests

PHILIPS

hello, im doing my A levels and i was wondering if any1 can help me on this coursework. basically i have to set up a educational web site that tests students. I am able to create questions, (below is my poor attempt) but the script does not work. can any1 help me please, i would be very gratefull. thank you <BODY><form name="q" action=" "><p>What is 5+5?</p><input type="radio" name="fi" >4<br><input type="radio" name="fi" >10<br><input type="radio" name="fi" >12<br><input type="button" value="Check!" onclick="checkIt()"></form><script>function checkIt(){if (q.fi[1].checked){alert("Thats right!");}else{alert("Go back to kindergarden!!!");}}</script>If any body knows how to create questions better please advice me. im still learning ://

Try document.q.f[1].checked)... didnt the code that I give you word properly??

if (document.q.fi[1].checked){alert("Thats right!");}else{alert("Go back to kindergarden!!!");}}

Are you able to use PHP? Then this code works. I've tried it on localhost :)

<?phpif (isset($_POST['submit']) AND ($_POST['fi'] == 10)) {echo 'Congratulations! You answered "10" which is completly right!';}else if (isset($_POST['submit']))  {echo 'Ehh...don\'t you even know what 5+5 is? I really think you are a dumb person! Haha!';}?><form method="post" action=""><p>What is 5+5?</p><input type="radio" name="fi" value="4">4<br><input type="radio" name="fi" value="10">10<br><input type="radio" name="fi" value="12">12<br><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Check!"></form>

Oh by the way, I might have misunderstood this totally though, but hopefully this is what you meant :)

Rather than execute the checkIt() function on the click event of the submit button, try executing it on the submit event of the form. I think what is happening is that your code is trying to execute and the form is being submitted to "".Try this:

<form name="q" action=" " onsubmit="checkIt(); return false;"><p>What is 5+5?</p><input type="radio" name="fi" />4<br /><input type="radio" name="fi" />10<br /><input type="radio" name="fi" />12<br /><input type="button" value="Check!"></form>

Yup, I tested that code, it worked at my comp on FF

your welcome