Tables and links

kristian

Hi!I'm trying to make a homepage for me and my friends to just have fun on. and by that learn more about makeing a good page.but. i wonder. is there a easy way or can someone tell me how and if its posible to open a link from table 1, into table 2 on the same page? i want some of the links to open on the main site..www.damnkjeg.tk is a thought of how the main site should look a little like..so my question is . can i open a link from table2, into table6 , that replaces the cell 5?hope anyone understood my question:sthanx

hmm.. what should i use ? im here to learn so please give me some tips :)if you see the site.. i want some links to open in the middle table.. where the "news" are now.any tips are great tips for me so pls help me .. so i get a "good" site rightaway

Well...you can make a link <a href="some-site.php">Some site</a> and then you create a site in your FTP program called some-site.php (if you have PHP enabled, if not use .html or .htm).In some-site.php you just copy the whole source code from index.php and then you change the content you want to change.Oh yeah, about tables...tables are for tabular data, and div's (with CSS of course) is for design :)

looks like he wants to have one part of the page keeping at all time, like a menu, that doesn't load each time like it would when you press a link, but another part of the page does.2 options.1 - frames, but discard that immediatly. Frames are ugly and generally completely rubbish. (well..not completely but you get the idea..)2 - Ajax. Not as simple as frames, but more effective, cleaner and more standards compliant (that i'm aware of).:)

You can also make actual TDs links themselves.

<TD onClick="location.href='blah.html'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='pointer'">

Useful for making cells linked in message board software skins.