Show and Tell

PrateekSaxena

Maybe a forum inside the General category where people Show there creations on the web, and the other people tell them what they fell about it and a Review it and give new ideas and stuff?

yeah a subforum for that could be cool but i dont think the admins want any non coding specific forums

I would find this realy useful. I have a few bits that i'm working on and would like some feed back.

But the things will be web based only, and it will help people to share code and the others can learn a lot by that and the developer too will get crucial feedback before the actual release of the product!

A decent idea. Woudn't be bad. Not to mention there are already quite a few such topics.But, there also seems to be a lot of topics of users that only might create something and never really doing it. Because of that, I think such a forum should have a special "Work in progress link required" rule that would allow only started projects to continue, resulting in better experience for the developer looking for sample codes and approaches.

This would only be for made products and the users to review it like the CMS by Andersmoen oor my Js Console and stuff...

I believe this has come up in the past and it was initially tabled. I don't think we (as moderators) were completely opposed to it - I don't mind sharing my perspective. I've, admittedly, gotten sucked into conversations here or there where I've rather blatant and maybe insensitive when giving criticism. I'd worry that without any format for feedback that it could turn into a cesspool unsubstantiated opinions. Its too easy for people to find what is wrong with something and just leave it at that. The only benefit to creating the concept suggested is if it was sure to give constructive criticism since that would be the intend. I worry that policing it would be difficult and vulnerable to bias. The main underlying issue is that with any one design, there are easily 100 ways it could be coded which means there is always going to be something to say about anything that is posted - I'm not sure how helpful that can be in the long run. But I'm more than open to hearing other perspective and I am (of course) not the deal breaker on this at all - I just want to challenge us to think it through.

Well negative views are sometimes the best way to improve the application like the Console or the NotJustBrowsing's web browsers...

I didn't know that topic existed. Would it be possible to move it to the important topics section or is it not important enough?

Neither did I...does it allow other stuff other than templates??

I missed Jonas' post while I was typing mine (and likely doing other things).Is there any reason why the reference he gives is not sufficient for this request?re: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...c=3074&st=0
Can you do that sticky or something maybe? So people actually can find it? I didn't know about it before now...

Apologies, but I believe the reason that topic wasn't pinned (made important, stickied) is that it was expected to hold its own in popularity and stay on the first page. Apparently not. I'll pin it then.For future reference, search is your friend... :)

Ok thanks!