Question about Oracle

sunstallion

Hello,I want to learn database in .NET like ADO, or any database that can be useful to designing webpages. However, all the colleges in my local area are not offering any classes but Oracle. They dont even teach MySQL. The only classes that they have is Oracle. So, I would like to know if I learn Oracle, would that be useful to any web programming languages like VB.NET or web tools like ASP.NET or DreamWeaver, etc...ThanksWL

Also, how popular is Oracle-in-relation-to-web-design ? In another, if i want to look for jobs that use Oracle as a database for web design/programming, how popular it is ? what is the job demand like ? Because I am sure most web design/developer position look for a candidate who knows database.Thanks

Hi, This is with reference to your query posted .You can learn but Oracle.But, for web programming, it won't be useful at all.Now-a-days, With VB.net and ASP.net, the programmers are using MS-SQL Sever as the back-end.With PHP - MySQL,With Java, HTML, DHMTL - MS-SQL Server.But, Oracle has its own value.If you know Oracle well, you can learn other Databases easily.I suggest that, first decide yourself which front-end language you want to learn for web designing. Then, decide the back-end.I hope, this is useful for you.If not so, please let me know with the correct info.Waiting for your response.......................Bye....!!!!