Resizing the Flash Image...

Anakha92

Okay, the image I converted from a *.jpg to a *.swf file is a moderately big image approx 1.2m and I want it zoomed in as it is when it's a *.jpg, but it resizes the image to fit the screen when converted. How do I have the *.swf image zoomed into it's regular size when displayed on the net?

You can specify the width of the file by left-clicking the stage and go to the properties box and clicking the button that would normally say 550 x 400 pixels. Changing this to a higher resolution will cause the outputted HTML document for the SWF to become stretched out to fit in the SWF. If you don't want to do that, you're going to have a bit of a tough time getting the image to look neat, since when flash tries to size it down, it may become blurry (depending on how you saved the image before importing. BMP, TIF, and aother RAW files you don't have to worry about that.)

Try this - CSS -

#flashContainer{height: 200px;width: 200px;overflow: hidden;}

HTML -

<div id="flashContainer"><embed src = "myFlashFile.swf" style="text-align:center;height:300px;width:300px;"/></div>

I think this will work! Forgive me for the inline style :)

Okay, I tried the HTML one and again it only gave me the same thing ive been getting all the time.. a resize to fit the whole flash player. Go to http://www.rshelp.kaene.com/swftest.html (my site with the test page) and zoom into the image 4 times. That is how big I want it to be zoomed upon loading as a default size and for it to be in alot better detail then it reverts to when zoomed... Also when zoomed in I want to be able to just left click and drag the mouse to navigate the image.Any ideas now?

You havent included the CSS. Include it in the <HEAD> in <STYLE></STYLE>.Also try inreasing the current 500px to 2000px in both height and width!

No...to convert image kinda files to other image kinda files...thought I am not sure that IrfanView support SWF....check it out...I gave the link in the previous post!