Tomcat Manager

quailash

Hi, Im having prolems executing the Tomcat Manager. When I browse to the link http://localhost:8080, I get the Tomcat homepage. On clicking the Tomcat Manager, I get a prompt for a username and password. If I type in the username & password that I had entered during the Tomcat Installation and click "ok", I still get the same prompt. If I select "cancel", I get an error that says:HTTP status 401This request requires HTTP authentication ()Could anyone help me out with this?Thanks, Cali.

hi, Ya its normal.. generally happens, when you run tomcat using dump (not installed).(make sure tomcat on direct drive like C:/tomcat_home or d:/tomcat_home not inside any other folder)Now go to your %tomcat HOME%/conf/tomcat-user.xml Edit this file in any text or xml editor- erase all contents- and copy paste these contents-<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="manager"/> <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/> <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/> <user username="manager" password="manager" roles="manager"/></tomcat-users>Now close file - run tomcat - open local host page - tomcat manager - enter id and password both as managerit will work...