How to download a flash file ?

rayS

You want to download a .fla file or .swf file?If you want a .fla file......just go to the link and the browser will automatically ask you to take the reqd action (save it, cancel it bla bla)Or make a link to that file in an HTML page, and then use save link as or save target as (the same can be done for swf files)Certain swf files are like....ummmm well you need a software called flash catcher .........to download certain swf files (maybe dynamic ones) :)

I was talking about .swf files. I can save them, but cannot open them. Is it that I need some kind of a special software like a swf player or something ? But, actually, what I want to do with those files is to convert them to image formats. So, do you or anyone know how to do that ?Thanx.

You can always search the source for the SWF extension. Then make a new HTM document named rightclick.htm and use the below code:

<html><head><title>Right-Click Downloader</title></head><body><a href="#URL TO SWF HERE#">Right-Click To Download</a></body></html>

I use this a lot when I have to check out certain movies, or to download them for later viewing and entertainment.

^ Thanks for that tip, but whenever I try to actually open the document it gives me: "Unable to load image" message... (I use Mozilla)
Oh, do you not have the Flash Standalone player? (That comes with Macromedia Flash, the actual editor. It used to be avail. on the macromedia site, but adobe took down ALL the standalone players.)Also, if it says that... then you're trying to load the wrong plugin.