Importing DB

vchris

So I need to import a database into PHPmyAdmin. The database I have was exported from phpbb2, it's a .sql. Can I simply import that database in PHPmyAdmin? I currently have a database created in phpmyadmin with no tables. Should I completely delete the database before uploading?When importing I have multiple choices of character encoding, I'm not sure which one to choose. The 2 I recognize are UTF8 and ASCII. Which one should I choose? Also there is a compatibility mode to select. The backed up db was done on a mysql server so I guess I should choose mysql40 or mysql323, right?

Well now the issue we have is uploading the .sql which is 170mb and the uploader only accepts 50mb at a time...

Can you go back and use phpadmin to export the "stucture only" and then export the tables one or two at a time?You should then be able to IMPORT them using phpadmin again???

We have the db up and running now. Everything works great except an rss feed with had which gave us the 15 most recent posts. It doesn't seem to work anymore... The database is the same, except it's 1 week old.Here is the error we have.

Could not query list of active postsDEBUG MODESQL Error : 1030 Got error 122 from storage engineSELECT f.forum_name, t.topic_title, u.user_id, u.username, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, p.post_id, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, p.post_time, t.topic_replies, t.topic_first_post_id FROM phpbb_forums AS f, phpbb_topics AS t, phpbb_users AS u, phpbb_posts AS p, phpbb_posts_text as pt WHERE t.forum_id = f.forum_id AND f.auth_Read = 0 AND p.poster_id = u.user_id AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND p.topic_id = t.topic_id ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 15Line : 165File : rss.php