Scenes

John.Mitchell

Hello!i'm using flash , and i am creating a time line, that when you press a particular year button it jumps to that year. i thought of doing this by having the first scene as 1999 and the seconds scene as 2000 and then on clicking the button labled 2000 it will jump to the 2000 scene. is there anyway of doing this or have i dreamed it up?!actionscript would be wicked, i've sorted the images out allready. if you could point me to any tutorials or anything that would be wicked too.oh and yeah i am a complete novice at this, but need to learn it fast!!:)Cheers in advance! Johnp.s. if u need any more info don't hesitate to ask :)

That's what we usually use, if you add a comma after that string then an integer (like, 1, 2, 3, etc. but not decimals or negatives) then you can also go to a specific frame.gotoAndStop functions the same way, but it stops at that specific part/frame. If there is no scene specified, the current scene will be used.

this.onLoad = gotoAndPlay();

will do the gotoAndPlay upon entering that frame, but you COULD use the following as well:

on(enterFrame) { }

And for clicking a button:

on(click) { }

That's what we usually use, if you add a comma after that string then an integer (like, 1, 2, 3, etc. but not decimals or negatives) then you can also go to a specific frame.gotoAndStop functions the same way, but it stops at that specific part/frame. If there is no scene specified, the current scene will be used.
this.onLoad = gotoAndPlay();

will do the gotoAndPlay upon entering that frame, but you COULD use the following as well:

on(enterFrame) { }

And for clicking a button:

on(click) { }

cheers for the tips m8 : )