A Few Questions About Modeless Windows

Selacius

This may or may not be a javascript problem in its basis but I have a few questions about javascript and its relation to modeless windows.First,How do I via javascript close a modeless window. I am aware that one could simple press the X on the window, but I would like to actually have a button for the user. Second,Is there a way to fix modeless windows so that any links are opened in said window. Example if I put a form into a modeless window, how can I keep it from opening in a new window when the user submits it?

Just use this:<script type="text/javascript">function closething(){window.close()}</script>with a button that is:<input type="button" value="Close" onclick="closething()">I can't answer the second question, i don't understand.

Okey, I have read on a few different websites that any links opened from a modeless window, will open in a new window instead of the modeless window. I would like to know if there is a way to solve this issue. If your unsure what a modeless window is, please check this page here:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/modelesswin.htm

Now I have a final question. Why are modeless windows crappy are registering when the page they are displaying is changed? What I mean is if I were to change the content on a page which I previously viewed in a modeless window, then tried to open it again, the old page would still be displayed. How can I fix it so that the newest copy of the page is always displayed?