Few questions about w3schools.com...

Guest WebProffy

Guest WebProffy

Hi!At first I want to thank you for this great webmaster's portal!So, I'm from Russia and I'm webmaster, too!I want to make so great site for webmasters in Ru-net... So, can you tell me on what cms w3schools.com works? And how you organized the system of online examples? It's super!Answer plz on this questions...Best regards, Vsevolod Kozlov!

correct me if i'm wrong but i think he means the CMS {Content management system}if not could you please expand or explain in a bit more detail?the system of on-line examples are all in different directorylook this is where the xhtml tutorial is located in a 'folder' (directory) called xhtml

http://w3schools.com/[b]xhtml/default.asp[/b]

while the php tutorial is located in another 'folder' (directory) calledphp

http://w3schools.com/[b]php/default.asp[/b]

I hope this explains a bit about the how they(W3Schools) organized the system of on-line examplesIf I'm wrong with anything someone please correct me I'm not as well educated as most people are around here.if you wasn't looking for this information again could you explain in a bit more detail what your looking for?

I think he means the TryIt Editor. I honestly have no idea how they did it, I believe it was done in ASP though, judging by the urls. As for a CMS, I don't think they use one. It looks to me like they just make the pages in a text editor and FTP them on to the server. I've never seen a CMS that uses the URL's like they do (their's are all /directory/page.asp, most CMS's I've seen are ?page=page or /pages/page) but since I don't work at W3Schools, I may be wrong. Someone who's been here longer or a moderator should be able to help you more than I can. :)

W3Schools does NOT use a CMS. They've made up their site from scratch. I don't know how they update their content (form, raw editing of a source file, hardcoding, etc.) but one thing is for certain: they've made it themselves.I'm guessing each ASP file contains the per-page data and includes the common one with an ASP include.