centering a page tutorial

roondog

Hmm something went wrong with this. OK the suggestion was as so many people ask about centering a page maybe there should be a tutorial in the css section or a sticky where people can post there suggestions for the best method so we can reduce the number of 'I can't center my page' posts.

Well, w3schools is about teaching the basics of the languages. Different hacks and tricks with css are quite advanced really, and I don't think they should start giving tutorials on how to make pages, as people should really figure that out themselves. There's too large a chance that people will just copy and paste the finished code and not have to learn how to code a page from scratch themselves. What we can do, however, is make a topic in the CSS section similar to the one in for example the XSLT forum, dealing with common problems. Anyone willing to put together such a topic?

Thats a very good point. There is a pinned topic on "CSS Hacks" and browser support already it just seems that this is quite a common problem and obviously people aren't using it because its just links and of course that requires more effort. I'll start a new one where people can post bits of code to help others out.

I see the topic you created. Do you think you, or perhaps someone else if you don't want to, could invest some time and put together a topic in a similar format to Boen's XSLT FAQ?

I'll have a look into it see what I can muster unless of course someone else would like to.