Help...Need help with posting forms via email

biscut

Hi guysI have declared several variables in my asp script such as:Dim PostcodeDim Contact_Telephone_NoDim contact_email_addressCollected the values from the fields/variables from my form:Postcode = Trim(Request.Form("Postcode"))Contact_Telephone_No = Trim(Request.Form("Contact_Telephone_No"))contact_email_address = Trim(Request.Form("contact_email_address"))and am able to create an email that gets sent successfully when the values etc are submitted by use of:TextBody = TextBody & "Postcode: " & Postcode & VbCrLfTextBody = TextBody & "Contact_Telephone_No: " & Contact_Telephone_No & VbCrLfTextBody = TextBody & "contact_email_address: " & contact_email_address & VbCrLfHowever, my question is, if I have quite a few fields then how can I change the email that gets submitted to only send through results where someone has filled in a box on the form. The form I need to create will have quite a few fields on it (all optional) and I am only interested in seeing/receiving the results from boxes that have been filled in, rather than wading through loads of entries that are empty.Is this a case of using if/then/else statements ? If it is, could someone be kind enough to give me an example or point me to a site where I can see what coding I need ? I have had a look through the tutorials etc and cant see a reference to what I need...can anyone help me please ??Thank you very much for your timeRegardsDavidt

Something like this?

TextBody = ""if Postcode <> "" then TextBody = TextBody & "Postcode: " & Postcode & VbCrLfif Contact_Telephone_No <> "" then TextBody = TextBody & "Contact_Telephone_No: " & Contact_Telephone_No & VbCrLf

If I've got "does not equal" incorrect (<>) I apologize, I don't know how to do that in VB.

Thank you very much for your help...do I need to use the "else" statement somewhere or is just if/then sufficient ?
No problem. I think in this case, a series of if/thens will work for you since you only want something to happen if a certain condition is met - the else in this case is "do nothing".

you are a genius, it works perfectly thank you SO much for your help...tell your boss you should be on 50,000 a year...unless you are already on more than that at the moment...You have saved me SO much hassle Thanks againRegardsDavidt