Working with a Dataset

homiee

Hi everyone!I have this code:SqlConnection myConnection ...SqlDataAdapter myCommand ...DataSet ds = new DataSet(); myCommand.Fill(ds); Repeater1.DataSource = ds; Repeater1.DataBind();Assuming this code creates a table from the data collected from the SQL databases in Dataset "ds"so that will be ds.Tables[0]Table should look like this:ID | type | name | amount | date-------------------------------5 | 1 | homiee | 500 | 23/12/200710 | 0 | horsy | 208 | 10/20/2007my question is - is there any way to alter the data inside the table?let's say I want to change the data in the dataset (not in the database) - I want to change ALL types that equals to 1 to "YES" and all types that equals to 0 to "NO", what's the method?thanks!

Thanks for the fast reply!But it seems there's an error:Input string was not in a correct format.Couldn't store <NO> in Type Column. Expected type is Int32.The "Type" column in Int32... but why should it matter as long as it's in a dataset?

It matters because that is the datatype you setup and that is what it uses. I string is nto the same as an integer. The column doesn't knwo what to do with it. Post your sql statement I'll see if I can get it to cast the column as a different type before sending to the DataTable because once it is in the DataTable it is stuck as that datatype.

SqlDataAdapter myCommand = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM BuyIDtable WHERE UID=\'" + UID + "\' ORDER BY BuyID DESC", myConnection);Maybe I can make a different dataset with a different repeater for the "Type" Column? -SqlDataAdapter myCommand = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT Type FROM BuyIDtable WHERE UID=\'" + UID + "\' ORDER BY BuyID DESC", myConnection);<...><do whatever it needs to do in order to change Type 1 to Yes and Type 0 to No>myCommand.Fill(ds2);Repeater2.DataSource = ds2;Repeater2.DataBind();And then make Repeater2 show in Repeater1 where the type column is?Thanks!