Small Asp Error

ben3001

For this job I have changed roles...In this case i have been asked to find a suitable hosting provider and upload it for them. Im using 1 and 1 hosting they seem ok...For some reason im getting this error message when i try to access the database. Im unsure as to why im getting it simply because the database is not read only. I'd be great full if someone could shed some light on this situation.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'Cannot update. Database or object is read-only./admin/sessions_inc.asp, line 49

For this job I have changed roles...In this case i have been asked to find a suitable hosting provider and upload it for them. Im using 1 and 1 hosting they seem ok...For some reason im getting this error message when i try to access the database. Im unsure as to why im getting it simply because the database is not read only. I'd be great full if someone could shed some light on this situation.
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'Cannot update. Database or object is read-only./admin/sessions_inc.asp, line 49

Either your database, or the folder where your database is located doesn't have write permissions. CHMOD both of those to drwx------ (700).If you can't CHMOD them, go into IIS and set the file permissions for yourself, or ask your host to do it for you.

Hi Yahweh i tried setting the CHMOD of those to drwx------ (700) however im getting:

500 'SITE CHMOD 700 database': command not understood
, so im guessing my host does not allow it.Im sure the IIS thing is for Wondows Pro so i cant do that and set the file permissions.therefore i have to contact my host what do i say to them?