username/password CASE SENSATIVITY

astralaaron

When you check it do this to both variables that you are checking against:strtolower("word" or $variable) == strtolower("word" or $variable)All it does is convert it all to lowercase.

When you check it do this to both variables that you are checking against:strtolower("word" or $variable) == strtolower("word" or $variable)All it does is convert it all to lowercase.
i thought about this, would that make it if they typed their name in as: JoHn they will be logged in as: john ?iwas wondering if there was a way that they can register as: joHN and sign in as JohN or JOHNand it will display however they type it???does that make any sence?

Yes, since you only use it in the if statement, it does not apply lowercase permanently to it. As long as you dont do something like $name = strtolower($name); it will have the same case.

Yes, since you only use it in the if statement, it does not apply lowercase permanently to it. As long as you dont do something like $name = strtolower($name); it will have the same case.
ahh i think I understand how itworks :) thanks for the information

Archived