Database driven website

Guest websiteguy

Guest websiteguy

Hi y'all, I am new to the forum. I have been looking at the tutorials and they have been helpful but I still have some doubts about how to build a database interface. This is for my future job and your help would be greatly appreciated. My understanding of the subject is this:I have to make a website using dreamweaver, fireworks and flash. Then I have to put in data in MS Access or MySQL and use some SQL commands to make sure that it can be looked up. Now to put this on the website I need to use PHP.What about Coldfusion? Where does that come in. If I learn coldfusion do I need to learn PHP and all this other stuff. Great site. Keep it up.

Cold Fusion is a Server Side language like PHP, you still need the other stuff.If the flash you are creating needs to get data from the database that is a whole other matter but if you are doing PHP > database transactions it isn't as hard as it sounds.What part don't you understand???I can't write you any examples as I don't use PHP, I assume this is what you plan to use, I am sure there are others who could give an example though.