How to center a table?

Berniew

Can someone explain how I can center a tabular table in a division? Also, I have specified a different background and text color for the header (inverse of the data: black background, white text) which works well however when I set the border color around the header to white it gives the appearance that the header data is 1px smaller. What I would like to do is keep the boarder black but keep the two cell dividers white.example2ja.jpg

<html><head><style>#main {      width:430px;      float:right;      padding:8px 0;      margin:0;    } #tblodds {      position: relative;      border-collapse: collapse;      border:1px solid #000000;      width: 90%;    }    #tblodds td {      border:1px solid #000000;      padding: 0 .5em 0 .5em;    }    #tblodds th {      background-color: #000000;      color: #ffffff;      border:1px solid #ffffff;      padding: 0 .5em 0 .5em;      text-align: center;    }</style></head><body><div id="main">          <table id="tblodds">          <tr>          <th>Probability of cards hitting the flop</th>          <th>Odds</th>          <th>%</th>          </tr>          <tr>          <td>Two suited cards</td>          <td>0.8:1</td>          <td>55.0</td></tr>          <tr>          <td>No suited cards</td>          <td>1.5:1</td>          <td>40.0</td>          </tr>          <tr>          <td>Pair</td>          <td>5:1</td>          <td>17.0</td>          </tr>          <tr>          <td>Three suited cards</td>          <td>18:1</td>          <td>5.2:1</td>          </tr>          <tr>          <td>Three cards to a straight</td>          <td>28:1</td>          <td>3.5:1</td>          </tr>          <tr>          <td>Three of a kind</td>          <td>424:1</td>          <td>0.24:1</td>          </tr>          </table>        </div></body></html>

to change border to black but keep divders white do this.

#tblodds th {      background-color: #000000;      color: #ffffff;      border:1px solid #000000;      padding: 0 .5em 0 .5em;      text-align: center;    }

then change your <th>'s a bit

<tr>          <th style="border-right:1px solid #ffffff">Probability of cards hitting the flop</th>          <th style="border-right:1px solid #ffffff">Odds</th>          <th>%</th>          </tr>

Thank you for the help S@m my table is now centered. :) Thank you for the help with the border aspnetguy the changes have been made. Interstingly when I tested the page in IE the border is exactly the way I want it without having to make any changes but in FireFox is where I had the problem. I went and made the change and now both look the same. :)